– Tesla shares: Tesla shares jumped 10% overnight after Morgan Stanley predicted that the company's self-driving technology could add $600 billion to its valuation.
– Wall Street: US stocks ended lower overnight, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average falling 0.4% and the S&P 500 down 0.3%.
– Asian markets: Asian markets traded mixed overnight, with Japan's Nikkei 225 rising 0.1% and South Korea's Kospi falling 0.1%.
– KKR to invest in Reliance Retail: Private equity firm KKR is investing $1 billion in Reliance Retail, the retail arm of Indian conglomerate Reliance Industries.
– China slowdown: Concerns about a slowdown in the Chinese economy weighed on investor sentiment overnight.
– Evergrande: Chinese property developer Evergrande filed for bankruptcy protection in the US, adding to concerns about the Chinese property market.
– Rising treasury yields: US Treasury yields rose overnight, which could weigh on stock prices as investors move into safer assets.
– Geopolitical tensions: Geopolitical tensions, such as the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine, could also create uncertainty in the markets.